Krista Boryskavich is a strategic lawyer and government relations professional with over 15 years experience in private legal practice and municipal and provincial government. She practices in the areas of municipal law and corporate commercial transactions.
Prior to joining DD West, Krista — originally rural Manitoba — was the City Solicitor and Director of Legal Services for The City of Winnipeg, where she advised City administrators, Council, and its committees on a wide range of issues spanning municipal governance and financing to infrastructure and intergovernmental contracts. Krista has also acted as a political advisor at both municipal and provincial level, advising cabinet ministers and a mayor.
LEGAL PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter: “An Ethics Primer for In-House Counsel: Law Society of Manitoba (2016)
- Lecturer: University of Manitoba Faculty of Law, Legislative Process Course (2012)
- The Role of Consumer Preference in the Regulation of Genetically Modified Organisms, co-authored with Bryan P. Schwartz, published in the Asper Review of International Business and Trade Law, Volume 5 (2005)
- Investment Subsidies and the Canadian Agreement on Internal Trade, co-authored with Bryan P. Schwartz, published in: (i) the Asper Review of International Business and Trade Law, Volume 3 (2003), and (ii) The Auto Pact: Investment, Labour and the WTO (2004)
- Hollywood North: Tax Incentives and the Film Industry in Canada, co-authored with Aaron J. Bowler, published in the Asper Review of International Business and Trade Law, Volume 2 (2002)
- Manitoba Mental Health Review Board, Chair