Ashley is a paralegal with a focus on business law; corporate commercial transactions and corporate governance documents.
Ashley manages the corporate department in the Winnipeg Office and operates in Alberta out of the Calgary Office for many Alberta Corporations and Indigenous corporate entities.
Ashley is also the Office Manager of the Calgary Office and a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
Ashley has been an assistant and paralegal since 2006 and with the firm since 2009. Ashley is supervised by Orvel Currie, Annie Ta and Jennifer Hanson. She has worked with Mr. Currie since 2008 and Ms. Hanson since 2012 and Ms. Ta since 2018.
Ashley’s corporate experience includes preparation of corporate documents relating to:
- Alberta, Manitoba, and Federal incorporations
- registrations including extra provincial and business names
- amendments to corporate structure
- corporate and tax reorganizations
- continuances in and out of various jurisdictions in Canada
- routine annual maintenance
- reviewing, updating and cleaning up corporate minute books to correct any deficiencies
Ashley also has experience in commercial law relating to drafting documents on purchase and sale of business/assets, standard due diligence (obtaining, reviewing and summarizing), preparing and coordinating land titles registrations as well as personal property registration various jurisdictions in Canada.
Ashley also works in the municipal law group with experience in drafting documents for by-law orders, expropriations, agreements, leases, memorandums of understanding, right-of-way/encroachment agreements, license agreements and real property transactions.
- Member, Alberta Association of Professional Paralegals
- Legal Assistant Diploma, Herzing College, 2006
- CORES Level 1 and 2
- Attendance of various Legal Education of Alberta (LESA), Law Society of Manitoba and Law Society of Alberta courses (in person and online) on Tax Law, Estate Administration, Commercial Real Estate, Corporate Law and Trust Safety