Daniel D. Peterson, Q.C.Senior Counsel
Dan Peterson has conducted a general practice of the law in Calgary, Alberta since 1980 and prior to that practiced in Ontario from 1971 to 1980. He received his appointment as Queen's Counsel in 2000. His practice primarily consists of residential real estate, corporate commercial including purchase and sale of businesses and debtor-creditor law. He has 40 years' experience in advising creditors with respect to collection of accounts and regularly provides advice to 4 Civil Enforcement Agencies in Alberta. In addition, he has established a niche with respect to advising members of the dental profession having conducted the purchase or sale of approximately 250 dental practices in Alberta.
Daniel Peterson provides legal services through the Daniel Douglas Peterson Professional Corporation.
- Wrote the Family Law Title and the Mines and Minerals Title for the Canadian Encyclopedia Digest Western Ed.
- Wrote digests of Family Cases for the Weekly Family Law Digest
- Wrote annotations for cases reported in Family Law Reports
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario - 1968
- B.A., University of Western Ontario - 1971
- Called to the Alberta Bar - 1980
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Served as Member of the Ontario Health Services Appeal Board
- Past President of the Elgin County Bar Association in St. Thomas, Ontario
- Past President of the Victorian Order of Nurses, London and St. Thomas