Annie Ta practices primarily in the areas of securities, corporate and commercial law and tax and estate planning. She has acted for clients in connection with public and private equity offerings, franchises, financing's and purchase and sale of businesses. Also a CPA, CA , Annie provides tax advice with respect to tax planning for private businesses and individuals, corporate reorganizations, asset purchases and sales of businesses, will planning and family trust structuring and settlement.
Annie graduated from the Faculty of Management at the University of Calgary in 1996 with a Bachelor of Commerce degree. She articled at a major accounting firm and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1999. She then pursued her Bachelor of Laws at the University of Calgary and graduated in 2002 where she received numerous academic awards including the William A. McGillivray Gold Medal in Law for achieving the highest academic standing in her graduating class. Annie was admitted as a member of the Law Society of Alberta in 2003 and practiced a broad spectrum of taxation law with a leading Calgary tax law firm prior to joining DD West LLP.
- B.Comm (with Distinction), University of Calgary,1996
- LL.B., University of Calgary, 2002
- Call to Alberta Bar, 2003
- Member of the Law Society of Alberta
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Alberta Lawyer Indemnity Association (ALIA)